(727) 776-9248 Pre-Qualified Referrals for Estate Planning Attorneys

Estate planning how to provide for minor children

Estate planning how to provide for minor children

Parents with children under 18 years of age want to ensure their kids are cared for in the event of the parent’s death. They want to make sure they do everything they can to avoid probate. They want to make sure their estate plan is up to date and that it provides for minor children. They don’t want to leave anything to chance, so they need a consultation with an estate planning attorney.

Estate Planning With Young Children:

Young children need and deserve the best. That is what a guardian should do for them. A good guardian will help you create a comprehensive estate planning document that complies with state and federal requirements so that your estate plan can be developed and implemented without incident.

It is important to plan for the future health of your family and your home. Expectations may be high when you get married and have children. It is normal for expectant parents to feel that they should provide for their children more than they have been used to doing previously.

After the birth of each child, it is right to discuss estate planning with your spouse and to lay out the basics of how your assets will be cared for should any of the children need medical treatment or require long-term care at an advanced age.

Naming a Guardian for Minor Children:

One option for solving this problem is for a minor child to have a guardian appointed by the court. This person would help the minor keep custody of their property and records, as well as deal with other issues that arise while the parents are not around.

Also known as a better half guardian. The better half is someone who can provide emotional and financial support for you during hard times. There are many reasons why you might want guardianship for minor children.

Maybe you have dealt with financial problems in the past and want the help of someone experienced. Maybe one parent is not meeting the needs of the other or there is just something about the arrangement that worries you. Whatever the reason, The process of choosing a guardian for minor children is just as important as the decision itself.

Naming Someone to Manage Your Children’s Inheritance:

If you leave a sizeable amount of money to your children without defining who that person will be, you can end up creating unnecessary complications if one of your kids needs education, maintenance and support.

A proper estate planning document makes it clear who will be responsible for what should go into the estate account when your death occurs. It also specifies who will be able to access the money at any given time should there be issues regarding your children’s inheritance.

Medical Consent Authorization for Minor Children:

If you have ever been in a situation where you had to make a decision about taking care of a child with or without medical supervision, you are not alone. If you are thinking about going on a trip or taking your toddler out for a date, here is what you should know about medical consent. Medical consent is the legal process in place when parents give permission for medical treatment of a minor.

The standard form for getting minor permission for medical treatment is called a custody consent form. The purpose of this form is to explain the procedure and set forth all related facts and legal issues involved in the treatment of the minor.